Friday, May 22, 2009

Alaska: The Best Cruise EVER!

So I have discovered a new toy for my scrap booking obsession (the obsession is being up to date, not that I am really good at scrap booking!) I had so many pictures from our trip I decided to play with the scrapbook software and post my pictures that way. I LOVE the software by the way (Thanks Marie for telling me about it!) I haven't written much about all the places, I didn't want to bore those of you with all my ranting, but I have put some of my favorite pictures to share. What an awesome vacation! We had such a great time and I think Cameron shed real tears when we woke up Sunday morning and were docked in Seattle. It was so relaxing and fun! We made great new friends (Mark and Ann from Atlanta and Joan and Jim from Carmel), relaxed, rejuvenated and discovered cruising is the best way to take a vacation. We saw lots of whales, a couple bear, mountain goats, seals, eagles, it was just awesome. We missed our kids a lot, but I wished someone could have helicoptered them in and we could have kept going with this fairytale life of someone cleaning your room three times a day, no cooking, dishes, you know all the stuff of reality. Thanks again Grandma Nellie for watching the kids for nine days, what would we do without you! If any of you are thinking about taking a cruise to Alaska it really is great!





4 comments:

The Burrups said...

cam and lori!! ya new pics! i need to do the same too, i havnt posted in a while. your trip looks amazing! we miss you guys! say hi to the kids. love ya!

Stacy and Justin said...

Justin and I for sure need to go there on a cruise! Did you take that picture of the Eagle? If so,amazing! Seeing those pictures of you guys in Seattle brought back the good old mission days! See ya this weekend!

kristenhcubed said...

We have been talking about doing one of those for th nearly 5 years that we've lived here now. You've inspired me. I'm going to get that on the calendar sooner rather than later. Awesome pictures. Wish we could have seen you when you were just up the road!
You're right, cruising is THE way to travel!

jenae nae said...

WHAT-IS IT A CHRISTMAS MIRACLE!!?? YOU BLOGGED FINALLY!! HA HA looks like a great time...i would have frozen my N--- off you know that!
looks like a good time!