Saturday, November 1, 2008

Halloween

I love Halloween! I love seeing my kids get so excited about who they will be, and getting candy that they won't eat (except for Bailey :)) and running from house to house with their friends. We had a great time this year. After four class parties on Thursday and Friday, I was pretty exhausted, but it was great! Bailey had planned on being Snow White and Thursday before her party at pre-school decided she wanted to be Cinderella. So instead of wearing the perfect Snow White costume that has been hanging in the closet for two years since Sydni wore it, we quickly dug through the wrinkled dress-ups to find a Cinderella dress. She was happy and I had to remind myself, that it isn't all about the cute pictures, although she looked beautiful! Then Friday morning I was looking through all my Halloween stuff and found a Care Bear costume that Sydni wore a few years ago, and she decided that's what she wanted to be. Oh you gotta love Bailey! That's the beauty of having four kids, we have lots of costumes! I let the kids decide what Jack would be. I had a red chili pepper costume that I bought for him, but when I tried it on, it didn't fit! It said 0-9 month, but being that he weighs 20 pounds, I guess it was just too little! So they decided between a fire-fighter and the Hunny Pot. It was unaminous that he go as the Hunny Pot. Nicholas' reasoning that because it is his first Halloween, he should be something "cute."
He could always be a fireman, he couldn't always be a Hunny Pot. Pretty smart! I dressed him also as a spider for Bailey's first pre-school party and then as a lion, during Halloween Day. (If you look closely you can see his little teeth popping out. It was way more comfy than the Hunny Pot all day. Although because it was in the mid-70's that day I was afraid he was roasting. He survived. We bought Nicholas' costume as soon as they were in the stores, because he knew he wanted to be Indiana Jones, and I found Sydni's dress at TJ Maxx and fell in love with it and hoped she would love it. She absolutely did and felt very regal walking around in velvet with her hoop skirt. She told everyone she was Queen Elizabeth, and stopped them dead in their tracks. She loooked so beautiful! So much fun!

























































































6 comments:

Ash said...

They look so cute... I love how Bailey kept changing her mind.. Classic Bailey, so cute. You have got to be kidding me, Jack weighs 20 pounds?!? Brinley is only 23, crazy! Wish you guys were coming for Thanksgiving. Love ya

Stacy and Justin said...

Your kids looked so cute for Halloween. I love the Hunny Pot, Jack looks so cute and warm in it. Sydni looks so beautiful, she is really growing up. Bailey looks like a load of fun and Nicholas looks so handsome as Indiana Jones. Fun times!

kristenhcubed said...

Those are great costumes. We had that same lion costume for Spencer when he was a baby.

Kristin said...

Hi Lori-

I don't know if you remember me or not but we went to Sage Creek Elementary together...Kristin McClellan now Johnson...anyway I just had a friend over tonight who was good friends with Dayna Gadd in HS and it got me thinking/wondering whatever happened to you!! Thanks to the internet I found you and it is wonderful to see what a beautiful family you have. Looks like life is good.

I also have a blog: www.springdellgirl.blogspot.com

I didn't want to "stalk" your blog and not leave a comment!! ;)

Ash said...

I like that i can see my little nieces and nephews once in a while , I have to get on here , Canm I cant believe how much jack looks like you! and nicko, looks like a nice gentleman in his suit, as for your girls I hope they are fast runners or that you are a good aim, wink D.

The Burrups said...

hey yall! we miss you guys so much! halloween looked like a lot of fun for you guys with all those parties and constumes. I love that you have so many different constumes adn they all look so darn cute. and syndi's constume is so pretty, i love it! you all look great! hugs and kisses!