Tuesday, September 9, 2008

"While you were out" Albuquerque style!


So I had this idea, to re-decorate our Master bedroom and bath while Cameron was on a trip with his brothers to Las Vegas. I mentioned it to my friend Teal Peck (who is addicted to HGTV and is a fabulous seamstress) and she was all excited about it! So we began this little project over a month ago. Well, my fabric I ordered didn't come in so we had to scrap it for the Las Vegas weekend, but thanks to Cameron's many little trips he has planned this fall, the BYU/Washington football birthday weekend in Seattle with Nicholas provided another great opportunity. Well, to say it was a lot of work would be an understatement! Because the fabric took so long to get here, we basically had a week to get everything sewed and put together! Teal sewed for HOURS! Not to mention she is a Physician Assistant at the hospital and works nights, she sewed all day, with two all nighters at her house. She did not get much sleep the past few nights. I told Cameron I was making curtains for the hallway and kept having to unpick them! I would pin, iron, cut, and do whatever so Teal could sew. Although I know how to sew, she is so good, I was afraid to do anything for fear it wouldn't look great! Also, our friends the Gatewoods helped. Nicole helped sew on Saturday to help us get everything finished, and Mark did all the curtain rods, assembled furniture and hung the headboard. I don't think he realized how much work it was going to be either! Cameron got home on Sunday morning and Teal came on her way home from work early on Sunday morning and we put everything together. (I went to bed at 4:55 a.m. and Jack woke up at 5:30) When Cameron came home we barely finished putting it all together. I was afraid he wouldn't like it, but once it was finished, I knew he would love it. And he sure did. He truly loved it and It was such a fun birthday present to give him! I don't think Teal will ever volunteer for that kind of project again, she worked so hard and gave up so much of her own time last week. What a great friend! THANKS TEAL!












7 comments:

The Burrups said...

Your bedroom and bath look amazing! You guys did a great job! You have really good taste! i love the colors. What a great idea to do your own while you were out! i love that show!
jen

Stacy and Justin said...

Wow, it looks great! What a project to take on, but well worth it, it turned out fabulous!

Ash said...

Holy Cow!! You did such a great job! I absolutely love it! I bet Cam love it! Good job!

kristenhcubed said...

That looks so nice! How fun. I wonder if I could get a house built while Nathan takes his oral boards next week. Oh, wait, I'm going with him so that won't work. Well, I'm glad you got to have some fun.

jenae nae said...

looks beautiful- you know that just gets my blood-a-pumpin' Love it all- teal is a great friend!

Karen McGrew Skousen said...

Stacey told me about your new and improved bedroom - I told her I would have to sneak over there sometime and take a peek. I'm glad you posted pics - it looks great!

gretta said...

very cute. Sorry I haven't made it over to check it out yet. It looks great.